Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exhaust

Ok so I have been wanting to add an exhaust onto my 2003 Bmw 325i. I have researched a little bit and stumbled across an exhaust made from Active-autowerkes. It is a company based out of Miami and they make all Bmw aftermarket parts. here is the link to the site. Check it out and tell me what you think of it or just tell me of any exhusts that you have heard that sound nice on a Bmw.http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product25 (it is the video at the bottom of the page).

4 comments:

Saad said...

Hey Colin,

I just put in a new catback exhaust in for my friends 4g eclipse.It is great to get your parts made specificly for your car so that there isn't much cutting involved.I have found an awsome exhaust for your car that will easily give you 10 or 11 more horsepower.It is a lighter material then the stock exhaust as well.Here is the link to it.Good luck with customizing your car.

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

TStok said...

These are the kind of posts that I like to see. You are presenting information and asking for readers to engage in a discussion. Keep it up!

Zummo said...

My man Colin! Well when your looking at exhausts (especially for tuners and ricers) you have to look at the necessity of how big your axelback is, and how much it weighs. If you can find a decent sized axel back that isnt too heavy, but will give you maximum performance. Factory exhausts are extremely light and your 3 Series is a lighter BMW model to begin with so adding a axelback that weighs 10 pounds more than your original could be doing more damage than good. That one that you have a link to looks like it's made out of pure steel!lol. When i brought my V6 to Steeda i asked for a dual exhast but the guy there (named Shelly!) told me that my car isnt producing enough air out-take to fully use two pipes. The extra pype because of the weight would be negative in performance, hence i stuck with the single exhaust. Keep your car's booty light, especially if your putting in a system.

P.S.-If you have the money, buy the kit that goes all the way to the heads, better sound quality and totally worth the money.

RJ said...

Hey Colin,

I just checked out the exhaust that you were looking to buy for your 3 Series BMW. It looks and sounds nice. I heard that this exhaust is especially nice for a BMW. However, it is a bit pricey, but if you really want a good sounding exhaust for a BMW you are going to have to pay top dollar. I would say definitely go for it if you have the money. It would be a great addition to your car.