Sunday, November 30, 2008

Head-unit

Since I got a sound system in my car I have put in a new head-unit. Although now that I have researched more I want to change my head-unit to one with a screen. Do you think a new head-unit is really necessary? And what more do I get out of a head-unit with a screen rather than just a regualr one? here is a link to the head-unit I was looking at http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10233152

5 comments:

Zummo said...

When it comes to head units all i have to say is BE CAREFULL! If your going to buy a head unit, buy an expensive one. I got a 240 head unit online for my birthday and its already crapping out on me. The knob doesnt always work, it feezes on movies, the cd player rarely works, and it doesn even have a built in ipod connector. I recommend buying a head unit from bose.They sell units thathave high quality screens ith great sound! When it comes to buying a head unit, you should spend at least 400.

Olga Maria said...

$318 Collin! Are you out of your mind?! I mean i just read the comment that Zummo left and seems to me like that would not be a very smart choice. That is a lot of money! And you can use that money to buy a lot of other things for your car or maybe even save up for that new paint job you wanted to get. I don't know I mean if I were you I wouldn't take the risk, but you do what makes you happy. (:

RJ said...

I agree with Zummo. If you are going to buy a head unit you might as well go with one of the top of the line products produced by bose because if you purchase one that doesn't satisfy your likings, then there was no point in getting one in the first place. In my opinion, its really not worth the money, there is just so much other accessories you can add to your car that will be more worth your money. Whatever, you choose though, make sure you like it.

Jared said...

Alot of my friends have pop out dash head units. its definitely a cool add onn if your willing to fork up the dough for a nice one. If your going to get one however, make sure to have it done by a professional. I've learned the hard way that it's not always best to save the money doing it yourself. it's the holidays so you can probably get a really good deal.

Saad said...

Yeah Collin listen to Zummo hes got the right idea.The head unit is the heart and sould of your whole audio experience in your car.If it doesnt function properly thenyou wont have a good experience.Now I havent considered getting one for my car yet but i just came across some really nice Alpine manufatured ones that don't have a huge screen but are very sleek and good looking.Heres the link
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X100
These people make systems upwards from 400 dollars to 1200 which are touch screens.