Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Supercharger

I have been looking to boost the horsepower in my car, I was looking at a supercharger. It has a good and bad side to it, the good side is that increases horsepower by 100 to the wheels. The bad side of it is that it costs five grand. I'm not sure if I want one yet but it just seems like it would be a significant horsepower booster. I do have one question though, will a supercharger give me engine problems later on if I decide to get one? Here is a link of the supercharger I was looking at: http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product18

1 comment:

carguysean said...

That would definitely be a whole lot of fun! I like how they said "It’s a lot like having an M3. Without the M3."

It would basically bolt on and be good to go. However draw backs would include money leaving your wallet. After adding 100 extra flywheel horsepower, you would need to upgrade your flywheel and clutch to be safe. That would be a pretty big price. Also to get the most out of the supercharger, you would have to throw the car on the dyno and get it tuned for optimal performance. Don't forget forced iductions applications eat gas mileage, because more fuel is needed to burn because of the extra air being thrown into the engine.