Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Calipers
Ok so I want to add something to my car that will make it look better in appearance. I was looking at painting my calipers red. I say this because with black rims and a black car, red calipers flow nicely and makes a bold visual statement. I'm just currious of how much this will cost me I heard it can get pricey because it is a special heat resistant paint that is used. Please let me know if you think this is a good accessory to add or how much the paint will cost?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Colin,
The idea of painting your calipers red is beyond a good idea. The appearance of your car will be viewed by others in an astonishing manner. It is also awesome that your car is black with black rims and a chrome lip. The red paint on the calipers will look amazing. You can get a cheap job done for like 35 dollars, but I would recommend going with the caliper kit which can cost you about a 100 dollars or so because the paint that the people will use will be heat resistant. This is very important for durability. Therefore, I recommend that you get this done for your car as well as buy the caliper kit for around 100 dollars rather than spend 35 for a half decent job done with regular spray paint that will most likely run off over an extended period of time.
I agree with RJ in the aspect that this accesory will make your car look astonishingly good.A common misconception is that you MUST use a heat resistant paint but that is not the case.I have seen many people use high gloss laquer or gloss enamle.It takes quite a long time to paint your calipers due to muiltiple applications and interval waiting times.There are many companies that offer the paint and application brush for under 40 dollars such as G2 which specializes in breaks and break componants.
Painting the calipers red is a very nice cosmetic upgrade. Paint kits can go from $50+ and you could do it yourself. However it is a fairly long process, I explained a little of it on RJ's blog.
I don't agree with having to but aftermarket calipers for $100 just to have them painted red. I have seen and heard of many people having it done on stock calipers at a shop that knows what its doing and the results were great, no chipping or anything.
I was thinking about doing this myself until I heard about how hard it is. Most local body body shops will do it for a decent price and the finish product comes out looking sick. Im interested in doing this as well so if you find any good deals, let me know.
Post a Comment